Skip to main content

Reply to "Questions for staff during visit"

The OP is talking about an NAIA school, where the expectations are probably the opposite of the SEC.  Also, in this sort of recruiting (D3/NAIA senior year), it's entirely possible that few, if any, questions have been answered before the visit.  There may not have been many phone calls or texts.  Hopefully the coach will answer many of them before you ask, but should know what you want answered.

I completely agree, let your son lead, his questions matter most (and may surprise you).  But don't be scared off from asking your own, too - whether about housing, travel, academic support, or even trainers and facilities.

Information about a JV team is not all that easy to find on the web, although you can google "[schoolname] baseball jv" and it might come up.  I would be interested to know how coaches with large (45+) rosters address this at visits - surely it's something that any recruit would want to know.  But it's a very delicate thing to actually ask about.

With respects to JV team, it depends on how the information is reported

1 - School has one main roster listing both varsity and jv

2 - school has 2 rosters

CBI tracks which colleges have JV programs, we just haven't implemented the solution. not a top priority

Note, most of the time you just have to look at the EADA reporting as for the JV players normally practice with varsity, if so, they must be reported

EADA Glossary

Participants
Students who, as of the day of a varsity team's first scheduled contest (A) Are listed by the institution on the varsity team's roster; (B) Receive athletically related student aid; or (C) Practice with the varsity team and receive coaching from one or more varsity coaches. A student who satisfies one or more of these criteria is a participant, including a student on a team the institution designates or defines as junior varsity, freshman, or novice, or a student withheld from competition to preserve eligibility (i.e., a redshirt), or for academic, medical, or other reasons. This includes fifth-year team members who have already received a bachelor's degree.

Again, if it is scenario 1, this free dashboard can be used

https://collegebaseballinsight...nover-insights-free/

NAIA-2022-player-turnover[1)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • NAIA-2022-player-turnover(1)