Skip to main content

Reply to "Questions for those that know."

Welcome to HSBBWeb Rosin bag. My two cents......

Answer #1 - Your son stands a much better chance of making any baseball team as a lefty pitcher than a position player. Half of college teams are pitchers. If he was a position player, he would be limited to 1st base or outfield. Whether or not he is a two way player will be determined by the level of baseball, and the coaches philosphy. For example, the higher levels of D1 baseball have fewer two way players than mid to lower levels. Truth be told, many high school two way players think they can be two way in college. It is very difficult to do for many reasons.

Answer #2 - Absolutely expose him to as many programs and opportunities as possible that make sense, and you can afford. If the Alabama camp is his first, I think it is a great place for him to learn what to do & what is expected at these camps and showcases. It will give him a frame of reference. As time goes on, and you feel more comfortable with this process then I think you should target specific camps & showcases based on what your son wants to get out of hsi college years. I was partial to PG Showcases, PG National events and HeadFirst Showcases as they fit the baseball and academic goals my son had set.