Skip to main content

Reply to "Questions from a parent of a young player"

quote:
Originally posted by BobbleheadDoll:
YAYA you stand a big chance that coaches at that level don't have a clue about pitching. I have no problem with a knowledgeable parent talking to a coach and setting some guidelines. I do have a problem with every yahoo with a 9yo pitcher interfering with the coach. Educate yourself by reading and talking to professional coaches. Even ASMI hasn't figured out what is universally too many pitches for a given young pitchers but they do have a general guideline.
=======================================

Once you know a bit about what you are talking about then you can express your views based on ASMI's general pitch limits.

Bobblehead doll,
I don't know what your issue is with me just wanting to find out what is normal/too much for a young pitcher. I thought that this site is to ask questions and learn, yes mainly on a higher level, but younger as well. Obviously I struck some nerve with you. According to you, only "knowledgable parents" have the right to look out for their son. I'm just a Yahoo with a 9 y/o. How do you think those "knowledgable parents" learned? They were just Yahoos asking questions once also. Not once did I say I would interrupt the coach, go against what he does, or give my opinion to him. I am asking these questions so that I do know what could be too much. Alot of what I have read is that it seems like more and more younger players are having arm issues. Should I just sit back and wait? I also know that while most coaches are very good with doing what is right, there are some who are not. A 10U coach in our area has kids throwing curveballs. Even thought I'm just a yahoo, I do know that is too young. So if that were my son's coach, I guess I would have no right saying anything about that until I get more knowledgeable.

TPM,

My son's team doesn't have enough players for him to sit out the game after pitching. Probably just an inning or two would be tops.

Thanks for the help. I'll definately be doing some more reading on this. He's having fun, and is really enjoying playing.