Skip to main content

Reply to "Questions to ask"

We did some behind the scenes research. We spent sometime reading the archives on the website, you could get a feel for what had gone on in the past, if your school has a good public relations person that keeps the baseball website going.
The main thing that we wanted to check out on our visit and pre-visit was the HC's reputation and integrity - he was now to be spending more time with our kid than we were, and pretty much having control over everything, so he had to meet our approval. He did. Next, we wanted to spend some time with the academic advisor and really find out how strong that area was at the school. Very strong.
On our visit we had one lunch alone with the team representative who we were able to ask questions about day to day life on campus, travel, etc. He was able to be open and honest about those things, since it was just him and us.....which I feel was be design. We left with most of our concerns answered. I know I had a couple of follow up questions via email - got a quick response, son continues to be happy with his choice.

I would take Infield08's advice. It is good to have questions and concerns of course, just let some of the answers come to you during the course of recruitment, in the end if you still have unanswered q's ask, just make sure it is not an inquisition, I'm sure we wouldn't have liked it too much if the HC had a two page list of personal questions about our family Roll Eyes