Skip to main content

Reply to "Racist Coaches"

I am not condoning the coach’s choice of words but I think we all know what he was trying to say even if we aren’t supposed to talk about it. We can’t publicly admit that young back men in a much higher percentage are leading a life that is a drag on society. How can we fix the problem if we can’t admit there is one? Not being able to talk about it doesn't change the fact that way too many young black men are being raised without a father. Too many are unemployed because they chose not to become educated. Too many choose to do drugs. Too many choose to make babies out of wedlock. Too many become divorced and too many choose to live a life of crime in greater proportion to their numbers.

I don’t see the problem as being as black and white as Jesse Jackson and others seem to want to make it. I see it being more of an issue of good people not wanting to live next to bad people. Decent people of all colors would prefer to not live next to unemployed, uneducated gang banging, woman demeaning, drug infested predators. (You know the kind of people and lifestyle gangsta rap glorifies)

Right now there are a substantial percentage of young black males who neither decent white people nor decent black people would want for neighbors. There’s also plenty of “White Trash” that neither decent black people nor decent white people want to live next to either.

It’s all about choices and not excuses. Young people of all color need to choose to stay in school, choose not to do drugs, choose not to steal from others or to cause them harm. This country needs more leaders like Condi Rice’s, Colin Powell’s and Clarence Thomas’. And leaders like these need to come in all colors.