Skip to main content

Reply to "Racist Coaches"

Sacto,

So who is saying it’s ok for the coach to use these words because others have?

Blaming others, finding excuses and not accepting personal responsibility seems to be the modus operandi of more of the non-Fox news crowd of which you seem to find favor with. A lot of us are tired of the games people play accusing people of being bigots and racists to enable their own agenda but to make excuses when their own slip up.

I have said on more than one occasion that the coach messed up but so have a lot of people. Doesn’t make it right but I think it’s only fair to look at the totality of his life; the context of the offense; and to apply whatever penalty is appropriate to all offenders. This is no different than I would ask for, if you or I were the accused.

If the new standard is for people who may have offended others at some time or another to summarily be fired, then let’s see who among us is left standing after the witch-hunt is over.

As I pointed out, hillary clinton has used derogatory language, as has Dusty Baker, Senator byrd and many others. Should they be held to the same standard or would you prefer a double standard?

I’ve admitted I’ve said things I wished I hadn’t. Have you?