Skip to main content

Reply to "Racist Coaches"

jemaz,

What if the President happened to be Bill Clinton and your daughter happened to be Monica Leuwinski? (SP?)

I have a hard time calling the coach a racist no matter what he said. It just seems odd that at a school like Oklahoma a true racist could have lasted so long. Besides, why would a true racist recruit Joe? Last time I saw Joe it was pretty obvious he wasn't a white guy.

He made a mistake, it cost him his career and his reputation. I doubt if good people of any race feel the need to execute him. I'd like to think there are those who would forgive him. Oh yea, that's Joe and his dad doing the forgiving. Class is class and I bet this coach loved Joe!

I hate these type of sensitive discussions because of possibly saying things the wrong way.

I'm proud of the fact that we don't see players as any color or race any more. We just see different levels of ability and makeup. Good, bad and ugly in each and every race.

We all know the "N" word is no good. I doubt using the N word even with an "a" rather than "er" on the end is something people should do. I know I'm not going to try it. Isn't it the same word pronounced differently? (southern accent) I do have a problem figuring out the proper words to describe people.

I remember way back when Negro was appropriate. But that changed to Black and then African American. Probably been a few other words used along the way.

This has always bothered me because I don't want to show disrespect to anyone. I kind of liked that Black and White thing. It was so easy and seemed harmless. Then someone told me not to use the word Black.

I was lucky to have learned a long time ago that we all bleed Red. The "N" word is a no no, but it can be used in a hateful way (KKK) or it can be used the way Coach Cochell used it. Neither is good, but one is much better than the other in my estimation. The true racist would use the word in a hateful way.

Just my opinion, don't jump all over me.

Class comes in all races as everyone can witness by reading "Catfish"