Skip to main content

Reply to "Racist Coaches"

PG Staff,

I was going to just ignor TRBooty, but after your response I felt I had to put my two cents. First of all, I agree with your statement 100 percent.

I absolutely cannot deal with racist individuals. I hate racist words and will not stick around when they are being uttered.

We had a player and parent a few years ago who were country folk. The dad used the "N" word as a verb, noun, adjective, etc. When I finally asked him to stop using that word because I found it very offensive he was shocked. He reminded me that I was white, but tried not to use that language around me or the players.

The thing is that I do not think he is prejudice because he hates African-Americans. It was his way of life for so many generations that he just considers them second class citizens. He just doesn't know any better.

As for TRBooty, I sure hope that he gets banned from this site soon so people like TRHit, PGStaff, Moc1, etc can continue this very interesting discussion.

As far as seeing players by color, any scout who did that would not be a scout very long. PG rates all the juniors in the country and they never mention race in their reports. Why? Because race does not matter in baseball. PG rates you on how you play the 5-tools and not what race or color the player is. If any organization rated players based on race or color then that group would be out of business very quikcly.