Skip to main content

Reply to "Radar Guns Revisited"

Posted July 19, 2010 03:16 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by infielddad:
While I recognize most posting here feel their son is the exception, an ever increasing number of pitchers/players/sons are ending up in in doctor's offices with major career ending conditions.

I keep hearing this argument. It's really bad logic.

They are there because the "over obsessed" dads want Little Johnny to play MLB ball and make millions of $$$$. Back in the old days, the kid's arm was blown, and they switched positions or sports.
----------------------------------------------------

the day my son was operated on the Dr. did 11 TJ surgery's. i find it hard to believe 11 of them subjected their kids to surgery because of a future career in baseball. or the Dr. doing it for that reason.

my son had a job in pro ball, so that was his career. in my opinion,the reason he needed TJ surgery was 2 fold. my ignorance in arm care, and the avid persuit of the golden 6 dollar trophy. by grown men who were also ignorant about arm care. he was ridden like a rented mule.

while radar guns may serve some useful purpose,young men will throw as hard as they can to light them up. most coaches/scouts don't bring out the gun to shoot their curve ball.

it is a great thing to spend time with our son's and the game of baseball. do it because you enjoy it. because most of the things you do before the age of 15 don't really matter to the people that are going to pay him at 19. college or pro.