Skip to main content

Reply to "Raising Boys"

Mom and Dad were living in a 2nd floor apartment over my sister(her house). My nephew and my 72 year old(at the time) Dad were as usual throwing a baseball across the room. The ball hits a window that is holding down a window a/c unit. The unit goes out the window and down into the yard. Mom screams from her bedroom, "What was that noise". Dad says, "I don't know, I'll check it out. My nephew runs and hides in the bathroom, and my Dad never checks out anything. He actually goes over and pulls down the broken window and shuts the blinds. My sister runs upstairs and says, "An a/c unit just flew by our window and its sitting in the yard. Mom goes to dad and says, " didn't you hear or see that the a/c fell out the window, whats going on here". Dad responds with, " its fall anyway and we were getting ready to take it out and put it away". Mom asks, "How in the world did it fall"? He answers with, Me and Jon were throwing the ball and all of a sudden we heard this boom". My Mom checks the window and finds it broken and pulled down with the blinds shut and says, "I guess all the noise was from the window falling closed and the blinds coming down too". He actually says, " I was wondering how an a/c unit falling could have made all that noise".
Well, my youngest sister(mom of Jon) was on the phone laughing hysterically to me in Florida within 20 minutes of this strange occurence. I spoke to my Mom and she says, when I confronted him about it, he was watching a baseball playoff game and said everyone was making too much noise so he had to raise the volume, and just sat in the chair. Needless to say, Mom sent him right outside to walk the a/c unit to the trash.
Dad's my Idol.