Skip to main content

Reply to "Random Thought"

I like Luke Bryan and Walker Hayes but I bet you don't think they are country music either.   

It does present an added part to this discussion.   Everything is not the same for everybody.  My son has always dreamed of playing in the SEC and wants to be involved in baseball after college unless he gets drafted out of HS.  He has a plan to get to a point and hopefully that day will come either through college or not.  He has good grades but not outrageously good grades.  College is an avenue for him to get where he wants to be but it is more about fulfilling the dream.  So for him, the SEC was his best choice but not for everyone.  He had offers from other P5's.  All of it was good baseball but not what he wanted. 

In country music, I listen to it all but I like the new stuff over the old stuff.  Those who don't like the new stuff are not wrong and I'm not right.  Every road does not fit for everybody.  That is why you hear on here all the time make sure it is a right fit for your family whether we are talking picking a travel team or picking a college or accepting a draft offer right out of school. 

I don't think my son would be happy going to a D2/D3 but we have definitely discussed JUCO according to his draft options, if there are any.  My middle son played baseball all of his life and was at a college coaching baseball when a nice softball coach job opened at the college.  He thought it through and made the jump and loves it now.  Never would have guessed that would have been his journey.  Don't let anybody tell you that your road or your son's road is wrong.  It is their road.  I would have never picked the road I have taken but it has been a pretty good journey, most days.  Most of all, I believe God led me down this road to get me and my family where he wanted us to be.

Yee Haw.

Last edited by PitchingFan