Skip to main content

Reply to "Rawlings vs. Mizuno"

Thanks for all the input, guys. But I've never had a Kelly glove and unless I can try one on in person, I'm not interested. I've had numerous Rawlings, Mizuno and Wilson gloves over my career, and my personal preference is either Mizuno or Rawlings. I just want to get feedback from people who actually have the glove, and can give me direct feedback. Anyone with the Chipper model Mizuno, my main questions are: What is the quality of the leather? Anyone whose played baseball for over 20 years, like me, will instantly know whether its cheap leather or quality. Also, what is the leather like in the pocket? Is it thick or on the thin side? I have a Mizuno BUW Ichiro model that is thin as hell in the pocket, although if I catch the ball in the sweet spot, it doesn't hurt at all.

Regarding what's the choice glove for outfielders, I'd say anything 11 3/4" and over, I like open webs so I can see the ball (like the Ichiro-model Mizuno) coming into the pocket better, and at the same time keeping the glove light. My personal preference are any of the quality, higher-model Mizunos or Rawlings.