Skip to main content

Reply to "Read this before you post about how unhappy your player is"

quote:
What if the kid comes to a parent out of the blue and explains these things and states to you "For the first time in my life, I'm not having fun playing baseball"? What then? And before all of you jump on the "well, if he's not enjoying it anymore maybe it's time to give it up" bandwagon, all I'll say is that that has been examined and is not the issue here. I'd be interested in knowing what you all think of a situation like that.
There are some legitimate reasons to transfer. But do most kids take the time to really think through their situations and address the issues with the proper people?

I don't believe this generation of kids is as mentally tough as previous generations. Our generation doesn't even approach our parents. We didn't deal with depression and world war.

This generation of kids is more likely to look for a place to assign blame and move on. In many cases this generation of parents have been enablers. Some kids can't look inward, come to the realization some of the problem is their fault and take responsibility for their actions.

Then there's that ever present helicopter hovering overhead at the ready to swoop in for the rescue.