Skip to main content

Reply to "Read this before you post about how unhappy your player is"

Theygrowupfast commented:
quote:
But when you start labeling parents and or kids because they are making a decision based on their needs, wants, or any other reason is just simply wrong.

I'm not sure who is labeling or where that happened. But I do know that if a person comes to an open forum and asks a question like:

Quote from Henry:
quote:
Playing time aside, are there any legitimate reasons any of can think of for a kid wanting to transfer? Some of you seem to think that there is no good reason and that it's the parent who's unhappy 100% of the time. Suppose a kid (and the parent if you must) are ok with the playing time that he's receiving but very unhappy about a coach's methods, philosophies, on and off field demeanor (closed minded, narrow-thinking, miserable, never smiling, never joking, never lightening up at all!), in-game decisions/coaching and overall baseball knowledge? What then? Should the kid not pursue another route? What if the kid comes to a parent out of the blue and explains these things and states to you "For the first time in my life, I'm not having fun playing baseball"? What then?

quote:
I'd be interested in knowing what you all think of a situation like that.

They leave themselves wide open for a vast amount of different opinions and when people give their opinions I dont happen to think they are wrong for doing so.

Theygrowupfast quote:
quote:
If I feel that my son transferring would be in his best interest, regardless of the reason, then that's what he will do.

I'm guessing you probably wont need to ask the rest of us for our opinions before you and your son make that decison either, right? Wink Big Grin

Before we all get bees in our bonnets, ( That saying makes me sound like I'm 90! tee-hee ) it is my belief that this post originated by TPM was done so with the intention of helping others.
There has been an overload of parents who seem very discontented recently and she reached out to help.

As Quillgirl suggested earlier, perhaps many use this forum to vent and I for one, think its good that there is a place to do that.
We all need a spot where we can bounce our ideas, thoughts, and opinions off one another. Doesn't mean we all have to agree.
Thank goodness we all don't think we know everything, cause if we did, there would be little conversation, we'd all be boring as heck, and darn wrong for sure! Big Grin
Last edited by shortstopmom