Skip to main content

Reply to "Really.You got a full ride, no college costs?"

I hope we get enough participation to help out someone behind us be more prepared.

Can I ask exactly how this information is expected to help out someone behind us?  For starters, the data looks like it is going to be skewed towards the high end (who really wants to post about their kid getting the minimum D1 scholarship at 25% and nothing else?).  There is tons of information about college costs and academic monies available that will be far more applicable than what is captured here.  I realize you may have very good intentions, but I am not sure that this might actually result in some misinformation due to posting bias.  

Average D1 baseball athletic scholarship at a fully funded program will run 40% with a minimum of 25%.  If program is not fully funded, then the average will naturally go down.  Many Power 5 schools will also be paying out stipends, as will other D1's, which could add from a few hundred dollars to upwards of $5k.  Guys down the middle (C, P, SS, CF) will average more than others.  All pretty simple.

On the academic side, that is when things get really complex - and some really big, 4 yr guaranteed dollars come into play.  Score big in the academic side and of course you will get significant help.  End up at a school with a large endowment and depending on family income net cost can be nominal.