Skip to main content

Reply to "Reason to do, or not do a PG showcase after NLI?"

baseballhs posted:

I'll say there is, but not if they are happening when he isn't ready.  I don't know what year your son is or his level of talent, so it may or may not apply.  There are several events that my son has said he wanted to play in some day since he was a freshman, and they are all pretty much after you commit.  They are selective events, the competition is the best in the nation, cool venues, great "stuff" ( shoes, gloves, shirts, hats, backpacks, etc.), good experience, and ultimately, exposure for the draft.  Most of these are not during the middle of the year, they are summer before senior year, but we just attended one this month in senior year.  The ones I think are worth it once you've committed (and I'm including showcases outside of PG):

PG National

PG All American

Under Armour All American

Area Code Games

PBR Super 60

To be invited to either of the PG events, he will have to have attended at least one showcase prior.  The All American is picked from the National, so it really has to be before that.  

The only showcase that applies in the OP's case is the Super 60.  All the other events listed occur PRIOR to signing a NLI. And if you are a 2020, then NONE of them apply because the Super 60 has already happened! 

And if you are invited to the Super 60 somebody thinks you have serious draft potential.

And if you haven't signed? Yes, attend these events if you get invited and can afford it; there's no guarantee the school you committed to will give you a NLI to sign! Why attend? Because if you were invited then someone thinks you have talent and if your school dumps you perhaps someone who saw you at one of these events will pick you up. But again, only if you can afford it...