Skip to main content

Reply to "Reason to do, or not do a PG showcase after NLI?"

I would pass on any showcases after NLI or commitment unless you're chasing a draft slot.

Definitely don't go to a showcase or event if you're not in "showcase" form. Even if you're chasing a draft slot.

Additionally, check the NCAA Recruiting calendar, as some showcases are during Quiet periods and coaches can't be there. 

My son, 2021 RHP, committed to Georgia Tech in the fall. We asked about local travel vs national travel ball and showcases, etc. We were advised to avoid showcases but still travel to a few national events (this summer we're only doing 4) to compete against the best, be seen, and shut down after WWBA end of July. We were also advised to do Jupiter again next year as a senior. For us Jupiter was amazing. He got more looks and contacts after WWBA underclass in Ft Meyers and WWBA World Championship in Jupiter, after throwing a Perfect Game (5-3 error for final out made it a "no hitter", but he still Pitched Perfect. 11Ks and 92 mph in front of a TON of scouts and coaches. 

I would say focus on events and not showcases. They only get you a "PG Grade" and "write up".

If you're on a national travel team, with good talent, you'll see lots of scouts and plenty of chances for exposure. The national travel orgs also have great relationships and coaches on speed dial. Just saying....

As far as other showcases.... NOT A FAN of PBR. Poorly run and rushed and for 10 pitches, just wasn't worth it. They also played favorites for the PBR Futures, so that turned off a lot of us in Central Texas....

I don't get why people go to other school camps after committing or signing. These guys talk and that can't look good.

My $.02