Skip to main content

Reply to "Recommended JUCO's in the Southeast"

@DanJ posted:

I'm in the midwest so I can't recommend any JUCOs in the SE, but my son's targets included JUCOs.  Any JUCO with a track record of moving guys on to the next level will make it easy to see.  Their websites will have a "Players Moving On" or "Where are they now?" section detailing which players went where (4-year and/or drafted).  My son's committed to a midwest JUCO whose HC has sent EVERY one of his sophomores for the last 12 years on to 4-year programs WITH BASEBALL SCHOLARSHIPS.  The majority receive academic money as well.  Roughly 2/3 of each class has moved on to D1s.  While that is special, I'm sure there are JUCOs in the SE with comparable results.  I'd start by making a list within a decent radius of you and start combing through each one's website for information about their results for getting guys ready for the next level.

I found overall the "Players Moving On" / "Where are they Now" at best 75% to 80% accurate.  IMHO "Moving On" does not mean they are on the 4 years school's roster the following year.  Note, there could be reasons for the discrepancy, eg. injury, redshirted, left after the fall session for another school

It is similar to a travel programs discussing their commits.

To fill in the gaps, interested party should also look at

The Official Home for Junior College Baseball - https://thejbb.net/   (Noah Sharp)

I believe PBR and PG also have some information.

Last edited by CollegebaseballInsights