Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruitable as Two Way Player for Ivy ???"

Gov- The Ivies (aside from the baseball side) rely heavily on the rigor of the transcript (give a strong look at APs) and the AP test scores, coupled with board SAT/ACT scores. While SAT subject tests no longer "appear to be "required" of the Ivies, they are strongly recommended (from a link I read that came out this summer). I think my son took 4. Georgetown, another non-Ivy high academic used to require three tests, though they have pared that back. Most will accept either the SAT or ACT.  A number of student-athletes take both tests in that their performance on one may be stronger than the other. Recruits strongly considering playing in the Ivy league should take the tests early. One Ivy Recruiter encouraged this, as a recruit may have another offer with a time constraint, and he may not know whether he'll get into the Ivy school (all the pieces not in place for a "pre-read.") As candidates try to pad their baseball resumes to send to schools (all city/county/MVP/ first team all star), my son noticed that having an excellent academic portfolio can change a candidate's standing on the board, break ties, and give a recruit a "second look."