Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruitable as Two Way Player for Ivy ???"

Backstop22 really laid out the game plan about 2018's seeking a fit in academic ball. It's all about TESTING. Prepping , Tests, re-tests and for parents terribly expensive tutors.

Also, I just sort of want to follow up my original post by saying. I'm reluctant at times to post about the realities of recruiting because I feel like I'm the 'grim reaper' . The reality of how offers come about and how schools recruit are cold and harsh. But it's the truth based on my experience.

I also believe that heart and determination go a LONG WAY. If a kid has enough of a skill set he can find a spot somewhere in college baseball if he grinds. Just my opinion.

The main things to remember is that these schools cast a 'wide net' .......Players need to do the same. Nationwide : D1, D2, D3 . Email from schools means NOTHING. RC's call real prospects.

If you are not in regular phone / text contact w/ school. They are NOT interested.

It's OK....Just move on! Because the RC's follow the same process. They like a guy, he commits to another school. They just move on to the next guy they like.