Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting"

Will talk about a few different ones.

1.  Very successful D1  We went on visit his freshman year and at the end they had him in a conference room where we talked about a lot of things.  They had talked and shown all the success for team and individuals.  At the end of the conversation with HC and RC, the HC pointed to white board that had a big 60 on it.  He said that looks like a good number.  Do you like that number?  That is our offer to you.  60% off the top of everything.   With instate scholarships you should be at or over 100% when you walk in these doors.  He concluded with I know you have a lot of time and thinking but we wanted to be the first.  That's how we feel about you.  You are our first for that year and we are your first. 

2.  P5  Sophomore fall went on a visit the day of official visits for senior guys.  Could not do some of the things they did but was there the whole time.  Stayed until after basketball game on Friday night and he had ball on Saturday night so we chose not to go back for football game.  They had asked his time he was playing on Saturday.  They called him on Saturday between games and made him 65% offer.  Same situation.  As you know, you will get instate tuition even though you do not live in state because of some policy.  With the in state tuition and a few scholarships you are available for you should be at 100%.  No pressure to let us know but we want to let you know where you stand with us.  They only saw him pitch 1 time and that was HC at 17U WWBA.  We had sent emails to them for a while and they had never responded.  They had changed fields due to rain that morning and I sent another email out on his behalf that morning letting everyone know that he was still pitching and that field had changed.  Put my contact info at the bottom.  HC called me and talked a few minutes and said he was going to try to be there.  He called me back as soon as son was done pitching and we talked a few minutes.  Wanted more info and stats from HS.  He was picking up with this team so I also gave him regular travel coaches contact info.

3.  P5.  Mid summer before junior year.  HC called after visit with PC on campus.  Talked about 5 minutes on the phone about his goals for college baseball.  Made sure he wanted to be a 2 way guy.  Then made offer over phone.  No pressure until the end of that summer.  He followed him all over the Southeast and Midwest.  At the end of the summer he said what are you waiting on.  No pressure just let me know where we stand.  Son called him back in 20 minutes after we had conversation on what he was waiting on and committed.

2.  When they heard #3 had offered they called and raised theirs to 100% athletic money so it does happen. 

He had multiple other offers and most were in one on one conversations at tournaments or over phone.  Each sent an email or paper copy of their offer.  They all are different.