Skip to main content

Reply to "recruiting advice"

collegebaseballrecruitingguide posted:

Bossdude, that’s great. Getting recruited is awesome and you should be proud. That said, the road is paved with stories of promises made and not kept, not the least of these being the promise of being a 2-way player and then finding out you will be a PO. Go into this with your eyes wide open, please.

I agree. It’s just when I think about what I went through I had my travel ball coach type me as a PO only. My HS coach wanted me as a hitter only it got very confusing. These are the coaches who have done this for many years and I didn’t agree with them. The lesson I learnt was as this board has said many times believe in yourself and put in the hard work. Even with the many D1 offers, advice from my parents and some great advice I saw on this website and specially from Pitchingfan and a thread go where you are loved made my decision easier. It also helped that the school I committed to does have a 2 way player and the coaches there are willing to see how it plays out once I reach there. I know in the end I will be playing a position or be a PO only depending on which skills get better but it helps when the coaches are willing to give you a shot at both