Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Assessment - Odds of This Player & Where"

@RJM posted:

Don’t get scared off by the sticker price of college. To start find out the average  financial aid of colleges of interest.

As for the 6 walks in 15 sample AB’s ... Start hacking away at showcases and exposure tournaments. He can’t walk his way to the next level. I’m guessing if a 15 AB sample is 3-9 with 6 walks and 4 K’s he’s taking too many pitches. My son was a very patient lead off or two hitter until 17u (post soph summer) and junior year of high school. His coaches started harassing him to be aggressive and drive the ball rather than work pitchers. 

It’s good he’s drawn some D1 attention. But you have to discern if they’re tiring kicking him as C list insurance or are they serious. As a soph last year they’re probably interested enough to see how he progresses into next year. 

I've talked to him about expanding the zone. But he's very locked in with it. He will go deep on counts all the time. He's frequently hitting 3-2. At the end of the day, he's the player and has to make his own decisions. Personally, I hate 2 strike situations. I think that is a terrible place to hit from...but he doesn't mind it. The homer that he hit 2 games ago was on a 3-2 pitch.