Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Assessment - Odds of This Player & Where"

Wech is spot on. This is exactly what I am seeing. I believe the vast majority of schools are taking the path of least resistance and “skipping over”  the ‘21 class.Im seeing it at all levels but a lot at the D1 level. I hope the NCAA and the dopey athlete council are proud of themselves and what they created. It’s basically a giant shit show. It’s what happens when you make an “emotional” decision too quick without using common sense.

This is also an almost exact description of where my ‘21 is. It’s maddening and he’s really having to come down and consider places we never ever thought he would. He’s , at this point, just as likely to not play at all in college as play. It’s a sad statement on the situation in general and not anything I would have ever guessed would be the situation he was in 8-10 months ago. You can only sink so far before you just say uncle and move on from baseball. There are many very talented players in his class that probably won’t find homes, and the common thing we keep hearing is “logjam” and “we don’t have any room”.