Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Delimma"

Basball96, maybe there is no wrong decision here. Your son could possibly get everything he (and the family) wants from either school. After it’s all said and done I don’t think the classification of the school ...D-2, NAIA, D-1 will have any bearing on the satisfaction your son gets from his college baseball experience. Fit is the important thing here. You mention that you have been warned not to trust coaches. Take this with a grain of salt. I would venture to say that most coaches are trustworthy and honest. I think the problem arises because most parents are guilty of hearing what they “want” to hear and not what is actually said. For instance you write that the D-2 coach said:
quote:
Next year they will have 3.5 in which Coach has told us, if he works hard, lives up to their expectations, he would be in line to recieve a portion of those scholarships.
("portion of a scholarship" and "their expectations" are very vague)
You probably expect a scholarship next year but I see it as carrot being dangled that will probably fall short of your son’s expectations. This coach can justify your son being a little disappointed if he can use that scholarship next year to sign that big lefty he so desperately needs.
Fungo
Last edited by Fungo