Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting for Juniors and Seniors"

@anotherparent thank you for the welcome… hasn’t signed yet, but headed that direction quickly, I’ll let you know after he signs 😉 I think the big PG Showcase in FT Myers was really helpful, you’ve got players from all over the country, Puerto Rico, etc.  I think it really lets a kid know where they stand, and after you’ve been to that one and seen and competed with that talent, it makes everything after that easier, and seemingly on a smaller stage.  It was a big difference in exposure at pg tournaments from the pg scout.  It seems that if you do well at a showcase, they find you at the tournaments, shoot video, and post it to social media.  The PG showcase was good to prepare for the ones at the colleges.  The college coaches look to see if you have a PG profile, they’ve mentioned it, it’s definitely helped him at college showcases.  They’re expensive, there are things that are not ideal about them, but I’d say at the end of the day, going to 1 per year is worth it.  We try to make a fun trip out of it, Florida in Dec. Jan. Then Atlanta last year during the mlb playoffs.  Wouldn’t trade those weekends with my boys for anything.  
Once you get the routine down of a showcase, they seem to become second nature, the first one can be intimidating, that’s why we did 2 back to back, within 30 days.  That really worked for us.  Have done 1 per year since, 4 total.