Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting for Juniors and Seniors"

We have had a few college coaches tell us that they don’t go to normal PG tournaments in Atlanta because everything is so spread out and it is so watered down.  They do go to WWBA (Atlanta), and PBR tournaments (Lakepoint), they also went to WWBA in Jupiter, FL.  My observation is that the teams with more highly ranked (PG) players tend to have more games at East Cobb complex lately.  We almost always see college coaches walking around at the East Cobb complex, but never at the high school fields, that are all an hour apart from each other.  Again, I by no means have all the answers and am not suggesting the way we’ve done it is the best way.  I will say, the big PG Showcase in Ft Myers in December was very impressive, players flying in from all over the place, hundreds of players, many high level commits... and it was a nice break from the cold in late December, LOL
The other PG showcases have been much smaller, well under 100. I know our coaches are looking to go more PBR and NetElite heavy, and only go to WWBA for PG.  NetElite tournaments have been really impressive, almost all of the tournaments are played at college fields, with the college coaches there.  They’ve played at: UT (Lindsay Nelson), ETSU, Tusculum, Walters State, Carson Newman, Tennessee Wesleyan, Maryville, Montreat, UNC Asheville, and a few others.  Almost always the head and asst. coaches, along with some players are hanging around, they take care of the field etc. during the tournament.  It’s very grassroots, but it really seems to be effective for exposure.

Last edited by Table46