Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting for Juniors and Seniors"

There’s some good info tucked in thread, but I’m not sure I agree with all of it. My son did several PG events (tournaments), but I never paid for anything beyond games. If your kid is in the 80% or higher at anything they measure in the games (especially velo for the pitcher) then I think it’s a great value. Even Arkansas will reference PG grading in their bios or welcome tweets, there’s no doubt it’s looked at (Trev was in the top 1000, and it was mentioned). However, the best part of the experience was that we had fun – we fished, we checked out the areas, we had a blast and made some great memories.

Picking some realistic colleges, going to the camps, and creating relationships – teaching your son how to best present himself in these situations – this is the best most effective method from my perspective.

AC games – are you kidding me! You need to be in the top 90% to get an invite or get in the door, and you’ll know your kids a legitimate stud long before you get an invite (we never got one, but I sure knew what in meant if he had). I’m guessing that 95% of the kids that get an invite will have the opportunity to be a D1 commit.

We did a lot of traveling and tournaments around the country – it was a blast and that’s why we did it (college wasn’t a thought until the end of his junior year). We did the Cooperstown Dream Park thing at 12U – what a blast! Spent a week afterword driving though the upper northeast, it was an amazing family vacation and adventure.

Check out the alum from the WS, based on this maybe fun is important...  

CDP

Attachments

Images (1)
  • CDP