Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting for Juniors and Seniors"

@Ster posted:

I guess everyone's experience is different.   My 2024 just received his first D1 offer.  The coaches that offered him, and two others that have not offered but have spoken with him multiple times have all referenced information on his PG profile.   I think that PG and PBR are simply tools that coaches use in their evaluation process.   

In my son's recruiting experience it was his PG tournament performances and his PG ranking that he used to get coaches attention with his emails.   He played in the Jupiter tournament and gathered some fantastic stats, and in the November re-rankings from perfect game he moved into the top 150 for his position.   He took that information and used it to advertise himself to coaches via email.   Probably if he didn't have that PG information then coaches would have passed over his emails with very little interest.

That's just fantastic.  Congratulations to your son and family!  I suspect that most people who are negative about the value of PG metrics and rankings still secretly make it a point to check out a players profile before making an opinion on a players abilities.   Would you be willing to share some insight on your son's strategy to manage offers?  Sounds like he'll get a bunch.  What kind of messaging did he give the offering coaches in response ("thank you, I'll consider this carefully but I'm not ready to make a decision")?   Did you get deadlines from them?  Thank you.