Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting for Juniors and Seniors"

Ster - nice posts and congrats to your son.  The NCSA nugget was one I have not seen before and you have tested out both emailing techniques so I may possibly consider that in the future.  Obviously, your son is quite the player to receive an offer like that.

I was not concerned with a program's tag as a mid major but rather their culture of winning.  For example, Kent State is a mid major here in Ohio but found themselves in the College World Series a few years back.  They also had a very famous alumni in Thrurman Munson and I am sure there are others.  My son went to Coastal Carolina and they are tagged as a mid major although given their reputation, that tag probably does not mean that much anymore.  Also, look at the schedule the schools play.  Many schools play a powerhouse schedule (against elite D1 schools) even though they have the mid major tag. 

You can't can't throw out the line about State Championships and not tell us the state.  If it is Ohio, well you never know, maybe, maybe, maybe, you and I might cross paths some day.

All the best to your son and your family!