Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting frustration due to Covid-19"

If I remember correctly, Peach’s grandson is an ok student (mid 3 GPA) who plays for a well known program with lots of early commits (so that probably makes him feel like he’s further behind than he is).  Kid was powerful but raw (I’m pretty sure there was posted video at some point).  In the northern part of CA.  

Peach- get your grandson to the PBR event in Lathrop on June 13!  Then sit his butt down in front of a computer and have him send the video/write up/ stats from that event to every coach who might be interested. This is not the time to reach (in my opinion)  I would highly recommend reaching out to JUCO coaches as well. Look for programs that place a high number of kids in programs he would love to play for.  Not the ones who win championships (I’m in SoCal so I have no idea where to suggest) But the ones who get their kids transfers.   My son (a 2022) works out with a local JUCO coach. They have more kids than they know what to do with.  “Honestly, if they aren’t a drop down from a GOOD D-1 they have no shot of playing for us next year”.