Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting/Future help"

"RC of local major D1 contacts showcase director and invites him to their prospect camp the next weekend."

"Gets a call from showcase guy a week later and is told he needs to go to the camp. "

Always like to hear pitcher experiences. As my user name indicates,  my son is a 2020 RHP. Similar to your son, my son was the only freshman on a top 6A varsity team in Texas and did well (he was pitching against full grown major D1 commits that spring when previously he had only pitched against 8th graders) and my son was also on one of the top travel organizations in Texas and pitched against some of the top players in the country. Like many pitchers, he's had his ups and downs but generally does pretty good, sometimes very good. His fastball touched 90 mph last summer.  But here's the deal - he's never been invited to a camp before, never been invited to a campus visit, never had a junior day invite. I hear so many fathers talking about this school is contacting their son and other schools are contacting their son and I assume they are telling the truth, but it's rarely happened to my son. That's been my experience so don't feel so bad.