Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting/Future help"

I’m looking for some advice on coach/player communication.  I’ve read that the “earlier” you reach out to schools the better as long as you are close to entering High School.  My son is in 8th grade, has had a heck of a year with showcase ball, and he’s been told by numerous coaches that barring any injury he should be able to play at the next level.  My son reached out to two of his dream school’s assistant recruiting coaches and received a reply later in the day in the form of a prospect camp invite with one school but didn’t receive a reply from the other.  The one who replied stated that he’s “too young” for them to actively recruit per NCAA when they replied and sent the invite.  Is this a good sign or likely just a way to make another’s $450?  Also, should he be discouraged that he didn’t hear back from the other one or is it just a busy time of year and would you consider him too young to reach out being a class of 2023?  I obviously don’t want him being a pain to the coaches but he also wants to make his  interest known to the schools.