Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting is still happening...Get out and play, get video"

Wechson,

So, my initial thoughts are the Ivys are somwhat blessed with having a later recruiting schedule than most D1 mid-majors who they compete against and certainly the P5 schools.   Their challenge is the national travel required to fill roster positions...typically they have a lot of West coast kids on their rosters.   When the dead period is lifted there is going to be a flurry of activity, and some quick decisions made....kind of like that HGTV series "House in a Hurry" where they buy a house in 72 hours.   So, I think it is going to be up to the recruit to have all their academic ducks in a row and try to grab their attention right now with video, social media and written referrals from any local scouts, high school, Legion and travel coaches.   I'd want to know where those recruiting and HC are going to be Aug 1 so I could get in front of them ASAP.   I'd also be flexible for a trip to their campus for any ad-hoc scheduled follow up camps.

Certainly there is going to be a slight advantage for an East coast kid who has the academics and athletic skills for no other reason than he is closer, and time is an issue.   

Again, just my initial thoughts.

Last edited by fenwaysouth