Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Organizations"

Great information folks-THX! A side note, since being on a great travel team , was mentioned several times. Well, we are on a travel team, and are enjoying getting alot of good experience, but we are winning very few games. My son and a couple other kids are the standouts, and the rest are really good kids, but their level of play, just isn't enough to get us many wins. Is this going to be an issue? Will my kid get noticed, even though his team isn't winning? Should I look to get him on a different team, or make the most of what we got( at least he is getting alot of play time). Secondly, one reason he was placed on this team is that he can catch, even though its not his best position. He enjoys it, but i just doubt, that Catching is where his future lies.

When he gets to 16u and 17u it’s important to be on a quality team relative to what he’s trying to accomplish. A high school teammate of my son went to a major PG event. The mother complained they never saw a college coach the entire week. When you’re on a team losing most of its games there’s an assumption the talent isn’t there. Teams with reputations draw college coaches.

Last edited by RJM