Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting plan for high academic D3"

Lots of good info here. FYI, test optional will not apply to recruited athletes at some of the top academic schools. A coach of a "test blind" school needed my son's SAT to get him through an admissions pre-read. He should absolutely provide that, IMO. He has a strong score that will get him in the door with most of the HA D3's. You can PM and I'll give you specifics on what some of the schools will be looking for.

Have you considered doing the Chicago Showball? It is early in the summer and will get him on radars sooner. This may give you a better idea of which camps/visits to spend money on. My son did the June SB and finished with the August SB. He was able to gain interest from all of his targets early, then updated them as the summer went on. He had a few who wanted to see him one more time in August if possible. The August SB resulted in a bunch of coaches inviting him to campus for a visit (not camps).

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've never heard a college coach say a kid has a good eye at the plate or good plate discipline. I would find other things to highlight in his messaging.