Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting plan for high academic D3"

@Wechson posted:

In certain ways, HA D3 is one of the most difficult spots to land on the whole recruiting continuum.  Because at D3 level, even unlike Ivies, the HC often can only go so far to push administration given there’s no scholarships in play.  

In normal land the SAT your son scored is amazing.  In HA D3 recruiting, it may require a bit more at *some* schools.  

Were any of you with post-COVID college applicants told by a coach at an HA that the test score didn't matter? The reason I'm asking is because my daughter swims at an HA D3. She attended the same school as my son (an independent college prep school) and had about the same GPA but with a lower test score. When she contacted coaches, she never even mentioned her test score and the coaches didn't ask for it. She applied test optional RD and was admitted to a handful of HA schools. Unfortunately, she only had a roster spot at two of them and decided (without regret) to decline the offer at her favorite school for a school where she could swim. Did any of you have a similar test optional experience with your post-COVID baseball applicants?