Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting questions D3"

Ok will read that. Thank you.

Schools have been asking him to send his unofficial transcripts and test scores, some coaches asked him to text grades at the camp. Other schools texted him to follow up after meeting him, inviting him out for overnights.

One school he’s very interested in has told him they have a slot for him. If he locks it down this week, they said they’ll start pre-read process. Other schools have told him he’s in, no problem. The one school that emailed him, referenced above, is a very selective school and it seems like the kind of opportunity that he has to pursue, just for the academics. But I can’t tell from the email if they just want a camp customer. I will have him ask. They are not a school he had reached out to.

It’s hard to know what my son wants because he’s young and hasn’t been to most of these places. So he’s basing his interest off of conversations with coaches he liked and their sales pitches. He is researching schools now, trying to get his bearings. He also needs to think about playing time and development.. it’s a lot to sort through.

Thanks for info above—it’s very helpful.