Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Scenerio #2: Recruited Walk On"

Never ceases to amaze me what one can find here...

Just found a section on the HSBBW site map that has an article on "Invited Walkons" that was enlightening. Highlights the differecnes between invited and common walk on's. While it does not answer everything it helps. Still looking for more info though.....anyone?

As far as redshirting goes...it is interesting but the players I have talked to say that the coaches offering are confident enough that they can develop the pitchers that they are keeping the red shirt option open, but feel confident that they will not have to use it - development will be rapid and significant.

TPM...Do a great deal of reading and writing - in subject and out - and have come to belive that in a society where "clickeritis," and USA Today media bites are the norm, that presentation is now nearly as important as content to real consideration of ideas and the resulting communication.

White space is key. Long unbroken paragrpahs and windy thoughts lose readers who are conditioned to 5, 15, 30 and 60 second attention spans.

When I remember to, I use the periods to space out....which of course is what I most often anyway... Cool

. worm