Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Services"

I don't know much about these national recruiting services that are advertised. However I did have some of my players work with a recruiter who gave each player plenty of personal attention and satisfaction. When I was approached by him last fall I was skeptical. He mentioned a few names of college coaches and I responded and call them. When I spoke to Coach O'Sullivan from Clemson, all he said was, "If your son has been asked to go with Mr Holtz*** that's a great thing, we talk weekly and everyone watches when his team plays". Coach Peters from USF immediately invited us for an unofficial visit.

From there, 3 or 4 of my players enrolled with him. Here's what he did for us. Set a directional path for us to take. What events to attend. Save your money and don't attend a camp unless it's your #1 choice. He placed teams in each of the PG fall events and had HIS players showcased, personally coaching the team. He was personally at events in FL, East Cobb and the PG events in NY as well as the National in Ga and East Coast Pro in Wilmington, NC. He worked diligently to get one of my players into the PG National that had not gotten an invite nor was he being considered. Well, he got the invite, played well and as a result was heavily recruited during our Fl and East Cobb trip. Now signed with a top SEC program. I spoke with him almost daily for 8 months about everything up to and including my sons decision. Yes, he intoduced us to the coach from Illinois.
Everyone of these kids has signed early as well as 20+ of his other kids. This is a one man show who spends 15 hours a day on the phone. I know for a fact that he has told many players (ability) and parents (false expectation) that he won't take their kid.
It's not all about the money when it's your passion.... Personal attention, credibility and direction are factors to consider.
Last edited by Coach Merc