Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Services"

Hey StrikeIII,
It’s not that you don’t USUALLY post..You have NEVER posted before. You just registered on December 5th (yesterday). That’s why I welcomed you to the HSBBW. It’s called being sociable to a newcomer. Smile
For the most part recruiting services as we know them are not regarded as a wise investment by college coaches and they have little or no time for them. I agree (as I have before) that the CONCEPT of a knowledgeable baseball person helping the less than a high profile player for a fair price is a GOOD CONCEPT .... but that is NOT the way it usually works. Simply giving me one example of what you call a "recruiting service" working does NOT change the face of recruiting services. Here is the way it USUALLY works. Players are recruited and signed for what I call a sizable amount of money. Recruiting services do a number of things. Some may have mini showcases at a local college for their players or they will compile a bio sheet and/or a video and mass mail these to college coaches. These showcases are poorly attended and the mass mailings that are sent to coaches are usually discarded and the recruiting services involvement usually ends. However, recruiting services involvement may continue with the “recruiter” hanging out at the college and high school ball parks making phone calls but this is does NOT necessarily indicate he has established credibility with college coaches. ANYONE can do that. But what about the players that sign up with a recruiting service and do end up playing baseball in college? Sure this happens all the time, but most of the time it’s NOT because of the recruiting service but because these players are ALWAYS showcasing their talent at each and every game and someone sees them. If a player is with a recruiting service, and that player signs, guess who’s there claiming success? The recruiting service!
I congratulate you with your success with Coach Holtz*** and what sounds like a very respected coach that goes the extra mile promoting your son and his teammates. If I read Coach Merc’s post correctly he even coaches in Perfect Game events.
quote:
He placed teams in each of the PG fall events and had HIS players showcased, personally coaching the team
Sounds as if here is a coach that is charging for an additional service, different than the normal recruiting service. Not totally unique because there are coaches that include their "recruiting services" as part of their team's package. For all those parent that have renewed confidence in the recruiting service .. BEWARE.
Last edited by Fungo