Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Services"

I agree with all that Fungo has said, but if you feel that you have done the right thing and it worked, then there should be no problem, regardless of how anyone feels.

It's interesting that you did a lot of investigating on this person. Just goes to show you how many recruiters are perceived.

Just one question, if you called a coach to ask about the recruiter and the coach knew about your son, isn't that an indication that he was
known to coaches? I haveno problem with anyone trying to earn a living as long as he works for his money.

Your experience seems to have gone well, that's great. Just don't want parents to think that this is the norm, because it isn't. Many parents unfortunetly just turn to recruiting services and do not make any effort fro sons to attend showcases, tournaments,join summer teams etc. I see it all of the time. It's a lot of work, frustrating and some parents do not know how to begin the process. Or just won't.
As we say, it should be a combination of things that we do for exposure, not just one n particular. I compare it to the agent business, some are sharks, some are not.