Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Services"

I agree with Fungo that part of being here is inform and educate and be educated. Yes, this service helped my kids and strike111's kids. We are also from an area that has not produced as many players in the past as we were able to with this help.

I, on the other hand have seen services provided by very reputable "showcase co's" that have taken players money and enrolled them. Here's an example; One of my HS players who had just finished his Jr year as a bench player (14 AB's) he goes to one of these tryouts/showcases. He is then invited to play for a Team in a larger event in FL (same Company)in a states event. His father then enrolls him in their recruiting/placement service for X$$$. We get a call from that company in the fall asking "who's on him?" and what are our thoughts. My boss tells them he's not sure if he'll keep him this year, or he may be in the same boat as last year, part time player. This is a nice kid with some limited skills playing on a not so good team. We didn't project him as more then a very small D3 or a club player and this kids father payed good money to a program who could never get him better.

This specific person/service worked for us but all things are not equal and all snow flakes are different.