Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Services"

Love the replies, thank you very much. Skepticism is welcome, because that's what we want. I do want everyone here to understand that I am NOT putting the website's url on here and I'm not promoting through here. Gathering valid information isn't such a bad idea.

The notion that most professional athletes were given scholarships is generally correct. The partner that I'm working with actually went through a near impossible experience with recruiting. He is from a small town in Indiana. Left handed, very talented, pitcher. He paid a recruiting service $800 dollars back in 1992, while in high school, to help him get to the next level. He received almost NO help through the service and ended up going to a small D3 in his home town. He had to maintain a 3.5 GPA to keep his academic scholarship while playing baseball. He wasn't looked at during his entire college career...while compiling more than impressive numbers, throwing 90mph and leading his team to the national title in 1996. He WAS drafted, but for a lefthanded pitcher throwing 90mph to not be heavily recruited for either college or pro is a shame. His main purpose behind creating a service is to eliminate the fraud and poor services and maintain a credible, highly moral, highly ethical service that can change points of view as most of you have. I believe in what hsbaseballweb is doing...creating a free site for comminication, conversation and information. It's VERY helpful and I support it 100%. Wanting to create a recruiting service that will be priced more affordable and provide mountains of information is a goal. The site will be free to everyone...the database and profile will be the cost, but to navigate through and gain information through the site will be free. I just want everyone to understand that we're in this for the right reasons. That will remain to be seen, understandably. Thanks for all the insights!! Chad