Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Styles of Schools"

I got invited to the PG NW, so I'll do that. I wasn't even thinking about that when I was thinking about an evaluation. As far as going away from home, I am an independent person who will go wherever it takes (Japan?) to keep the dream going. One of the problems with staying in state is that basically all the kids in this state, (with few exceptions) are basically vying for a spot on one of three rosters (UW, WSU, Gonzaga), and Seattle U is on its way to being D1. There is a ton of talent in this state, which is why WSU and Gonzaga are almost always in the field of 64, and UW is on its way. There is an ultra competitive JC league in the NW with the players who didn't get to go to one of the three D1's. I just don't want to go on the same path as everyone else, and going out of the NW looks like a great option for me.

If you drew a line from top to bottom cutting ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, and TX in half, there are 48 D1 baseball schools west of that line. There are over 200 eastof that line. I'm sure the numbers are the same for D2 and so on.
Last edited by the big mac