Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting the "mid-tier" player"

2020.2023dad posted:

Good response. Thanks. What are you referring to as “recruiting services”?  Does that mean a paid consultant or do you mean something like PBR or PG who rank players and, teams?    Just trying to decide what to spend limited resoursces on not start a debate. Thx 

My apologies if that comment derailed the topic.

I was referring to those sites that serve as just a database of "prospects", many of which allow you to contact the coaches "from" that site.  The baseball (and lacrosse) coaches that I have had contact with (granted, a very limited amount of coaches) have all said they don't use those services and don't feel they provide good return on your investment.  (Some of those sites send you emails telling you a coach searched for you player or messaged your player...and then you have to pay a fee to see which coaches they were.)  Both the baseball and lacrosse coaches said that the recruiting environment is becoming somewhat "predatory" with companies popping up just looking to take your money without providing a real valuable service.

My comment was made to just let you know what I had heard from those coaches, and to evaluate whether you are spending money on something you could be doing yourself in terms of research/contacting coaches.

I was not talking about PG or PBR.