Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Tips - UNC Assistant Coach"

Tx-Husker, great suggestion. As mentioned previously, we are extremely open to trying new things and new ways to make this service easier and more accessible for those interested. All suggestions will be heavily taken into account, including suggestions about the show format itself. We want this radio broadcast to help as many people as possible and to continue to gain popularity, and hearing from those that listen in is easily the best way to receive feedback for the future.

We are very excited to have Robert Woodard on the program. I recall when I was in high school and following the NCAA Division I Tournament and watching Robert pitch for UNC. He was virtually untouchable. UNC is traditionally one of the premier programs in the country and it will be interested to hear his perspective of how things work for their program, especially being that he both played there and is now coaching there.

I am particularly interested to hear the contrast between different coaching philosophies. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the differences in the coaching styles of the two college coaches we've had on so far, Coach Corral of Memphis and Coach Schnall of Coastal Carolina. Both have had success in their own ways. As we move along, as CD mentioned, Jason Armstrong will be joining us, as will a high profile high school coach. We will continue to work towards getting more guests in the future to try to enhance the broad spectrum of the show and to enable our listeners to have the ability to tune in and try to get a better understanding of how the process works from the coach's perspective.

I know the saying gets old, but I really wish this was around while I was in high school. It's a 45 minute conversation with a college coach where we have the ability to ask him questions about anything we'd like to ask him. It truly is, in my opinion, an outstanding learning experience for all those involved.
Last edited by J H