Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Video"

Ok, please don't take this the wrong way....but we had really good luck when we sent my son's video out...so I feel like we did a pretty good job (and had coaches tell us that same thing). You asked for an opinion...I don't mean to make this sound harsh...I'll just tell you what I see.

1.  Do not send this video to anyone as it is......it will do you absolutely no good

2.  There is no reason to show you hitting from behind home plate...cut all that out..and only use the shots that are looking toward your face/chest

3.  As was said before...get rid of the shorts...and it doesn't look like you're wearing cleats...as you are slipping all over at the plate

4.  Find a good instructor....have them teach you the proper way to field a ball in the OF....including a good "crow-hop".   Also, don't worry about where your throws are going...as you can't see that in the video...but you can tell that you're needing to throw the ball 40-50 feet in the air to get it to home....that won't work.

5.  Shoot your IF from a location between home and first....so the camera sees you from the front...not the side.

6.  Zoom tight enough so they see you release the throw....nobody cares if you hit the net at first...or the first baseman....

7.  Throw hard....looping balls from SS to 1B won't impress anyone.

Good luck.....my son's video did a lot of good in getting the recruiting process started for him.....you need to rework yours quite a bit before  you consider sending it to coaches.