Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Video"

The first 2021 commitment (a position player) in our state committed to an SEC program before he had played an inning of high school ball.  About halfway through high school the HC at the SEC program was canned.  Offer wasn't rescinded but the program essentially ghosted him over his junior and senior years.  Decommitted late and is now at a solid, but lower profile Juco and not likely to see the field as a freshman.  I wish the best for the kid, but all the awe and reverence his super early commitment created for him is now a distant memory and of zero help to him.  I can't fault anyone for committing early like that though.  Had an SEC program offered my kid prior to stepping foot on a HS field?  I can't imagine the fortitude needed to resist grabbing it immediately.  The number of players and parents smart and strong enough to actually resist those set of circumstances is incredibly small.  If you're one of them, you are truly special and incredibly different than 99%+ of your peers.