Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Video"

@RJM posted:

If the 2025 proceeds to develop both he and the college win. If the 2025 doesn’t proceed to develop fall of senior year at NLI signing time the coach will say to the 2025, “Here at Northwest Baseball State we keep our word. We will honor our offer. But, I don’t see you ever getting on the field for us.”

What do you think happens then? Who has everything to win and nothing to lose with a very early commit? If a 2025 is in demand now imagine how in demand he will be in a year or two assuming he continues to develop. The only reason to commit this early is if the kid is physically developed, has more physical development in the tank (he’s a top prospect) and it’s his dream school.

Girls physically develop sooner. My daughter had offers flooding in the summer after freshman year. Fortunately she knew what she wanted for a major. At that age most kids don’t know what they want for lunch. Still, she never spent a day working in the field of her major.

On the same page.  Five years out from college is an eternity.  So many things could change, but I’m guessing all the top schools were offering. Probably dream school.  Pretty sure he’s a reclass and looks the part.  Kid has been hitting the ball a long way for a long time.  If he continues to progress at the current pace I doubt school is even in the picture anyway.  

You guys are getting incredibly good at talking me down.  My son will continue to go to the smaller showcases for the experience more than anything.  It’s not a horrible way to spend a day and a few dollars.  

Thanks again.